Look in the sky. It’s a plane. It’s a bird. No, it’s a drone. While drones aren’t delivering Amazon packages just yet, in the right hands they can be an effective tool to capture the eye of your target audience through video.
Here are the top five reasons to use a professionally operated drone to move the needle on your next video project:
- FAA regulations. The rules for drone operation are still being written. Every good pilot knows it’s important to check more than the wind speed and direction before takeoff, you must also know the regulations. A professional drone operator helps ensure your video shoot does not violate rules of restricted airspace, or other rules that could change at a moment’s notice.
- Helicopters aren’t cheap. Before camera-mounted drone technology, the practical way to shoot aerial video or photography was to rent a helicopter with a gyro-mounted camera and hire a pilot. It was expensive – thousands of dollars an hour expensive. Drones are not.
- Get noticed. Nothing captures attention like the unexpected. Professional drone operators specialize in the unexpected. They capture footage from unique perspectives and angles your audience isn’t used to seeing. Use it to grab their attention.
- Maximize your effort. As you plan a video shoot, include drone footage to get the most out of your shoot day. While conventional footage is gathered, a professional drone operator can smoothly maneuver the drone, even in challenging tight-cornered spots, without interrupting the action.
- Don’t drone on. A professional drone operator also knows when not to use a drone and can recommend alternatives when a drone isn’t the best option to capture a scene.