What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is the placement of text, images, or video advertising messages on digital platforms to reach the right audience at the right time. It is also referred to as online advertising, online marketing, SEM (Search Engine Marketing), digital media, PPC (pay-per-click) and programmatic (pay per 1,000 impressions). With an online advertising strategy, you’ll drive more traffic to your website which results in more conversions, more leads, and ultimately more revenue.
Why invest in digital media?
- It’s more cost-effective than traditional media
- It’s affordable for small to large businesses
- It helps increase awareness of your product or service
- It allows for precise target marketing
- It reaches customers at all stages of their buying journey
- It’s measurable
- It’s flexible
What are digital marketing platforms?
Digital platforms can be divided into four categories: social, knowledge, media sharing and service-oriented. Examples of these marketing platforms are:
- Social – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Knowledge – Reddit, Quora
- Media sharing – YouTube, TikTok, Snapchat
- Service-oriented – Home Advisor, Angi (formerly Angie’s List)
How do we know which digital marketing platform to use?
Determining which digital platform to use is dependent on the purpose of the digital ad campaign. These include building brand awareness and securing conversions such as filling out a form, watching a video, downloading a PDF, or even making a purchase. Defining your marketing goals is the first step to executing a successful digital ad campaign. As a certified Google partner, let our team of digital media specialists at AMPERAGE help you decide which platform to use and guide you through the planning and buying process.