Odds and Ends for the Official End of Summer
It has been a gangbuster summer with the country opening up, planes full and people enjoying family and friends again. This is my last blog before the official beginning of fall. So here are 10 key takeaways to remember from 2021 so far:
- You brand story is not your mission statement, list of awards or the years in business. A story has emotion. Awards do not.
- Content marketing should be more like a conversation than a speech.
- Zoom meetings are efficient and effective. We just need to improve the show — which a Zoom meeting is.
- People are still watching traditional TV.
- Direct-to-consumer is growing at every level.
- If your industry has not been disrupted yet, it will be. Watch Carvana sales for 2021.
- Search optimization is important for websites, Amazon titles and resumes in an AI world.
- YouTube is the second-largest search engine in the world. First is Google, which owns YouTube.
- The NFL is creating a new era in streaming.
- Do cows like to be branded? No. And neither do humans. Treat your brand and the people you are trying to brand with respect.
Fall is coming, and the marketing landscape will change. Stay flexible, nimble and smart. And optimize the hell out of everything you publish. The robots are watching. Happy Labor Day.
Mark Mathis III is chief creative & strategy officer, partner and cofounder of AMPERAGE Marketing & Fundraising.