Building positive user experience (or UX as it is more commonly known) is driven not by trends, but by consumers. We all want easy, intuitive, speedy experiences online. However, most decisions are not made by research of key target audiences.
This research may involve eye-tracking research, click path analysis, videotaping usage, focus groups and interviews. Most is not hard, but it is time consuming to find the right audiences and not taint the research with inappropriate framing and biases.
The Financial Brand offered several trends for 2017 for the financial industry, but many are applicable to any category or organization. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Every bank will need a UX strategy
- Banking UX approaches will become holistic
- Banking UX should be designed for Millennials
- Mobile-first is transforming into omnichannel UX
- Financial UX will become more personalized
According to Financial Brand, users don’t want to “tap dozens of buttons.” They want to push one button and be provided with solutions. This is the “Bank of the Future.” That is the future for us all.