When Is it Time to Update your Logo?
Unfortunately, just like hair styles and clothing, designs change and date your look and your business or organization.
When I was eating in a Red Lobster, I was reminded of this while reading the menu. Yes, the company decided that they would do a little storytelling in the menu — an innovative idea worthy of another blog.
Fonts, shapes, textures and simple orientation play a role in dating logos. So what if my logo is dated? It is subtle, but it sends a clear message to your stakeholders.
When is it time to update your logo?
- When you want to energize your staff
- When you need to refocus your mission
- When you want to compete in this digital world
- When your logo doesn’t fit in the Facebook logo square or app icon shape
- When your kids will not wear clothing with your logo on it
- When you make excuses for your logo
- When your logo looks complicated
- When you are proud you’ve had the same logo for 15 years
- When you ask, “Is it time to update our logo?”
It’s time. The times necessitate it.