We’ve learned a lot of new words during these COVID-19 times. Such as COVID-19 (which stands for corona (CO) virus (VI) disease (D) started in 2019 (19). It is a novel (new) corona (halo which is what the virus looks like under electron microscopic examination) virus ( an infective agent able to multiply within the living cells).
When you listen to current advertising, these “times” seem to need an adjective. Here is a list of the most common adjectives I’ve heard. The word “times” is usually followed by “remember.”
- “In these uncertain times”
- “In these troubling times”
- “In these unsettling times”
- “In these changing times”
- “In these volatile times”
- “In these shifting times”
- “In these dark times”
Yet, it is these kinds of times that bring about new thinking, metamorphosis, revolution and innovation. It takes the “dark” times sometimes, to show us the “light.” It’s these “changing” times that can bring about real change.
I’m ready for a change to new times with new adjectives. How about:
- In these instructive times
- In these evolving times
- In these innovative times
- In these transformational time
In these reflective times, it’s good to reflect and remember these times will change and they will change us.