Optimize Your News Feed Video Ads
Facebook provides a wealth of information on how to optimize your news feeds for advertising and posting. Unfortunately, few heed the advice. The reason is simple. And, we are all guilty: We think about what we want to say to people, not what they want to hear. It’s simple audience realization.
Here are five things Facebook suggests need to be in your video ads. I’ve added a few notes to increase conversions.
- Showcase—The majority of the video features your product or service. Add animations to attract attention and visual appeal. Remember, the first 5 seconds are the most crucial part of your video.
- Conversation—Narration should be done in a conversational tone that explains your message. Add subtitles to make sure the message is getting to the audience.
- Brand Link—Can you easily identify the brand throughout?
- Sound—The message works with and, more importantly, without sound. You may want to add a “tap for sound” reminder, so people know that music, natural sound and narration are essential to the story.
- Message—Is your statement “succinct?” Use bold graphics and easily read fonts. The screen is small, and people may be watching on the go.