It’s Time for Great Video Production
Video has expanded to a quarter of US digital ad spending. Of that, Facebook controls 25% of the total making Facebook the top social video ad platform. There are new platforms on the horizon that will make video even more important to marketers.
While in-feed video is becoming hugely successful, with all the video in-stream and on websites, it is time to think about quality. Here is a start of some simple digital video rules.
- Sound is often taken for granted. It makes or breaks most videos.
- Poor lighting. It is the first clue of an amateur product.
- Avoid jump cuts. “But they do them in music videos.” Are you making a music video?
- Obey the rule of thirds
- Audio-video linkage
- B-Roll needs to help tell the story
- Watch your video without sound. If you don’t know what is going on, then 85% of your social media audience will not know what is going on.
- The opening of your video is critical. The first impression either keeps people watching or scrolling on for more.
- Right now, the optimum length for a digital video is 2 minutes.
- Tell a good story