Developing Marketing Personas
Do You Know Who You Are Marketing To?
There’s a sweet spot when it comes to your target audience. You can’t be all things to all people. If you pursue all prospects all the time, you’re going to waste a lot of resources. By identifying personas you’ll see a greater ROI.
If you haven’t already identified who should be in your sweet spot, get your team together and walk through questions like these:
- If you could replicate one customer/student/patient, who would you replicate?
- What traits/characteristics does this person have?
- What are their values and fears?
- What aspects of your organization have the most appeal?
- What value do you bring to their life? What problems do you solve for them?
- How is this person interacting with your organization?
You may come up with some additional questions on your own, but the goal in the end is to get a good picture of who you should be targeting. It’s important to note that you’ll likely have more than one persona depending on your offerings.
We included an example of a prospective college student persona above. Request your own persona template by emailing RHolland@AMPERAGEmarketing.com.