2018 Will Change Tomorrow for Us All
The Pew Research Center release “18 Striking Findings from 2018.”
If you don’t follow the Pew Research Center, you should. It has the best demographic and topic trends of any other service. Pew releases studies and reports that can change the trajectory of your marketing plan.
Here are a few of my favorite “striking findings” from last year:
- Post-millennials (ages 6 to 21) are called Generation Z. This group is on track to be the most racially and ethnically diverse generation.
- Younger Americans are better than their elders at separating factual statements from opinion statements in the news. Watch out for scams directed at aging baby boomers who cannot discern the truth.
- Six in 10 women in the U.S. say they have been sexually harassed. Nearly three in 10 men men say they have been sexually harassed.
- A majority (57%) of U.S. teens ages 13 to 17 fear a shooting could happen at their school. Most parents of teens share the fear. Tornado drills are being replaced with active-shooter drills.
- Seven in 10 Americans feel worn out by the amount of news these days. A majority of both political parties feel this way, but Republicans and leaning Republicans are more likely to feel exhausted by the news.